Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wow I just realized I haven't posted in almost 4 years. Damn time zips by.

Last time I was talking about Tom's Kingmaker campaign, sadly I think the sessions I was talking about ended up being the last session we played. We didn't get back into a regular game for about 3 years. Children were born, jobs were shifted, until finally we could get a game rolling again. I started running Pathfinder a little over a year ago, but lately we've all had a tough time lining up our schedules. So it goes, ya know. We're all in our 30's now, some of the group has young children, the rest of us are married to our jobs.

Still, we're still gaming here and there. 5th Edition is out and I'm liking it so far, Tom's been running the starter box adventure for a couple sessions now. I get to play an asshole elf and I'm having a blast. Sometimes we mix it up with boardgames and oh man do I enjoy some Wizwar. My job eats up most of my brain space these days, working with AV control systems and some desktop support.

I'd like to keep this blog alive but I don't really know what to talk about anymore. I feel like my glory days of gaming are behind me now, which is sad. I love my job but I hate that it has so consumed my life. I've been divorced now for, what, 5 or 6 years? Had a few dates, nothing really went anywhere. I enjoy my free time but I feel like life is passing me by sometimes.

I managed to maintain a friendship with my ex wife, which I enjoy even if I sometimes worry prevents me from really moving on, whatever "moving on" is supposed to be. She's remarried now with two children, I have the pleasure of being their "Uncle Jim" which is fantastic. They're hilarious little munchkins. All in all I'm happy, generally speaking.

I'll be 34 this year and all I can think is "what now?". I have no idea what to do with however much life I end up having left.

Ah well. I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment